FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT: Benjamin A. Kimball
2018 Regional Transportation Plan/Sustainable Communities Strategy Scenario Development
VISALIA, Calif. – The Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) is a 20-year planning document that the Tulare County Association of Governments (TCAG) updates at least once every four years. The RTP is the highest level and most comprehensive planning document prepared by TCAG. The 2018 RTP will outline transportation improvements and other related planning elements through the year 2042. Planned transportation improvements must be financially constrained, based on funding estimates, and performance measures should be defined. Various elements comprise the RTP, one being the Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCS).
As part of the Sustainable Communities Strategy (SCS) process, three growth scenarios are being developed to compare how different growth influences and policies can impact greenhouse gas emissions and the transportation system. The selected scenario becomes the foundation of the SCS analysis that complements the RTP.
A presentation of these scenarios will be made at various public meeting locations and all in attendance will be invited to participate in a survey that will include scenario preference that will then be used with the remainder of the public input to inform the Board’s decision on a preferred scenario later in the year.
The scenarios and survey are available for review on the TCAG website at http://www.tularecog.org/regional-transportation-plan-rtp-scenarios/.
The public is invited to attend and participate in the selection of a scenario by submitting a survey at the following events:
- October 2: Visalia City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
- October 3: Tulare City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
- October 3: Tulare County Board of Supervisors Meeting 9:00 a.m.
- October 3: Porterville City Council Meeting 5:30 p.m.
- October 5: Visalia Sales Yard (all day)
- October 6: Lindsay Farmer’s Market (all evening)
- October 8: Cutler-Orosi Flea Market (all day)
- October 9: Woodlake City Council Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- October 9: Farmersville City Council Meeting 6:00 p.m.
- October 10: Dinuba City Council Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- October 10: Lindsay City Council Meeting 6:00 p.m.
- October 10: Exeter City Council Meeting 7:00 p.m.
- October 23: Pixley Town Council Meeting 7 p.m.
For updated information, visit http://www.tularecog.org. Or keep up with TCAG on Facebook and Twitter.