Complete Transit Guide effective August 2016:
Bus Directions from Google
TRY IT HERE! www.google.com/maps
1. Using your mobile phone or desktop go to Google Maps App or Website
2. Select the bus or transit icon.
3. Locate yourself, or click on your starting location
4. Select your destination
5. The best directions will be listed, it will tell you exactly where to go to catch the bus and where to get off!
6. Click on “Leave now” to see route options, such as “Arrive by”, for more.
7. Click on your preferred route.
8. Google will take you there step by step, with walk and bike directions as well!
Visalia Transit Interactive Web Map
Porterville Interactive Webmap Embedding Under Construction, Please Click Above
Transit Rules and Info
How to Read the Transit Guide
The transit guide shows the various routes of bus services in Tulare County. To read the transit guide follow these steps:
- Locate your route on the system map according to the city your destination is located at. Next, look at the individual route page.
- Look at the top row of the timetable to find the stops closest to where you’ll get on and off the bus.
- Move down the columns to see what times (AM and PM) buses arrive at each stop. If your stop isn’t listed, use the time shown for the stop right before it, since it’s better to get there too early than too late.
- If your desired pick up or drop off location is not listed, but there is a bus stop sign there, estimate the time between the stop before yours and the stop after yours to determine when you should be at the stop. Bus drivers will stop if someone is waiting.
- If you don’t have a direct connection between your starting point and your destinations, then you will need to make a transfer. This may include an additional fee, see transfer information per transit provider.
Programs for Seniors, Disabled & Youth
Dial-a-Ride is a shared curb-to-curb transportation service provided for residents who live in Tulare County and who are 60+ years or for those under 60 years with a physician-certified disability that prevents the use of regular public transit.See an individual transit provider for reduced fares for seniors, disabled, and Medicare cardholders. Appointments for pick-up/ drop-off times must be scheduled in advance.
Tulare County Area Transit (TCaT) allows passengers with special needs to request a route deviation if reserved at least one day in advance. All fixed-route buses in Tulare County are equipped to handle wheelchairs.
LOOP Bus Program
The LOOP Bus Program is available to community- and faith-based organizations, school districts, and local governments for free transportation for at-risk youth. Complete an application or call (559) 636-5000 for more information.
Coordinated Transportation Plan
Coordinated Transportation Plan (2010) provides strategies to improve mobility and access to transportation for Tulare County’s senior, disabled, and low-income populations. The Coordinated Plan feeds into Tulare County’s regional planning process to ensure that the transportation needs of the County’s disadvantaged populations are reflected in the planning process while satisfying the requirements of federal funding sources for coordinated transportation and positions Tulare County to receive federal grants under the current Transportation Authorization.
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Transit Provider Websites: