The Tulare County Association of Governments (TCAG) held its 7th Annual LocalMotion Awards ceremony on Thursday, January 25th. This annual event gives TCAG the opportunity to honor the projects, citizens, public officials and organizations that have made a difference in transportation for Tulare County. Awards were granted to projects and individuals that have demonstrated award worthy excellence in the field of transportation based on criteria such as importance, community impact and quality of each project or individual as it relates to the category in which it was nominated.
This year’s guest speakers were Garth Hopkins, Deputy Director of Planning of the California Transportation Commission (CTC), and Paul Can Konynenburg, CTC Board Commissioner.
LocalMotion Luncheon sponsors included: Tulare County – Resource Management Agency, Conway Consulting Group, California Water Service, and QK.
Congratulations to this year’s award recipients!
- Bike or Pedestrian Project: South Farmersville Boulevard Project
Pixley Safe Route to School Program- Tulare County
Veteran’s Park Multi-Use Parkway Phase 1- Porterville
- Economic Development: Visalia Emergency Communications Center
- Innovative & Sustainable Transportation: Ronald Hughes – CalVans
- Outstanding Road Project: Avenue 416 Widening Project- Tulare County
Reservation Road Roundabout -Caltrans
- Outstanding Transportation Advocate: Paul Van Konynenburg
- Outstanding Public Employee: Steve Beal
- Social Services Transportation Provider: Dan Fox
- Outstanding Transit Project: CNG Fueling Facility- Dinuba
Intelligent Fare Management- Porterville Transit