There are nine award categories available for nomination:
- Bike or Pedestrian Project: Bike or Pedestrian Project will be awarded to the project that improves walkability, connectivity, and/or access for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Economic Development: Economic Development will be awarded to a transportation project that promotes economic growth in the region by improving access to employment centers or improving goods movement
- Innovative and Sustainable Transportation: Innovative and Sustainable Transportation will be awarded to a creative transportation project or plan that enhances the effective movement of people, goods, and services; increases the conservation and efficient use of built and natural resources; improves safety, accessibility, and aids traffic management; and enhances communities and quality of life through smart growth principles.
- Outstanding Road Project: Outstanding Road Project will be awarded to a road project that improves mobility, connectivity and access in the region.
- Outstanding Transportation Advocate: Outstanding Transportation Advocate will be awarded to a Tulare County resident who advocates on behalf of Tulare County agencies and/or residents for the growth and improvement of the transportation system in Tulare County for all types of projects including goods movement, economic development, transit, bicycle, etc.
- Outstanding Elected Official: Outstanding Elected Official will be awarded to an elected official who has shown dedication and leadership in the area of transportation.
- Outstanding Public Employee: Outstanding Public Employee will be awarded to a public employee who has shown dedication and leadership in the areas of transportation, planning and/or project management.
- Social Services Transportation Provider: Social Services Transportation Provider will be awarded to a social services transportation provider whose mission is to provide services to the transit reliant and transportation disadvantaged persons, including the elderly, disabled, veterans, and/or persons of limited means.
- Outstanding Transit Project: Transit Project will be awarded to a project that improves transit services or access to transit in the region.
Nomination Deadline: Thursday, December 28, 2018
Nominations for projects and individuals are now being accepted. All projects that are completed or near completion and in construction between the calendar dates of January 1, 2017 through December 30, 2017 are eligible.
Please fill out the attached nomination form and submit it by email, fax or mail.
By email to: BMMoore@nulltularecog.org
By mail it to: Attn: Brideget Moore
210 N. Church St. Suite B
Visalia, CA 93291
By fax to: (559) 733-6720